Moving to a new country brings with it both challenges and opportunities. Many aspects of life in your new home will be different from what you are accustomed to.
In your excitement and anticipation of creating a new life for yourself or your family in New Zealand you can easily overlook some important aspects that need to be taken care of before you depart.
Bank Accounts and Credit Cards
Documents, Credit References and Driver Licenses
- birth certificates
- marriage certificates
- academic qualifications
- employment references
- curriculum vitae
- credit references
- all international driver license or permit
All documents should be originals (not copies). If documents are not in English they should be accompanied by certified translation.
Bringing your Belongings
- You are coming to New Zealand with the intention and legal authority to take up permanent residence; and
- You have lived outside New Zealand for the whole of the 21 months before the date of your arrival in New Zealand; and
- You have owned and used the goods before the date of your departure for New Zealand; and
- The goods are for your own personal use and not intended for any other person for gift, sale or exchange
- Goods of a commercial nature such as factory plant and office equipment do not qualify as household effects.